Everyone loves food right? I do! It’s hard to juggle eating semi healthy and life. I’ve dabbled with meal prepping but never really stuck with it. When things got busy I went back to my old eating habits. If I don’t meal prep I don’t cook during the week which equals junk food for me! I’ve been doing solid meal prep for about 3 weeks now and it’s so easy to just grab food and go during the week. I’ll be sharing some awesome recipes I find along the way :). I do mostly a low carb diet to eliminate food sensitivities.
My favorite so far is a Honey Balsamic Chicken and Veggies and its a one pan and done! You can modify the recipe with different vegetables to change it up a bit.
For the Sauce
- mix balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon, garlic, oregano and basil together
- In large bowl, combine balsamic vinegar mixture and chicken
- marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- I used coconut oil to coat my pan.
- Now place any vegetables you want in the pan. My favorite is zucchini, grape tomatoes, bell peppers, kale, and broccoli but I’ve also used asparagus, and squash too!
- Place into oven and cook until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. If you use asparagus add it during the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
For the chicken
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
I found the recipe from Damn Delicious and it really is delicious! Let me know if you try it and what you think!