Recipe and photo by Bulletproof
I love desserts and Ice cream! Try this blueberry gelato for an antioxidant packed ice cream!
- 10 oz. organic blueberries
- 5 oz. (1 can) coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. Brain Octane oil or Coconut oil
- 2 egg yolks
- Pinch of powdered vanilla (I like to use my vanilla bone broth powder)
- 3 tbsp. xylitol
- 2 grams (2000 mg) ascorbic acid, for tartness (ascorbic acid is vitamin C; if you take it as a supplement you can just break open a couple capsules)
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mix into an ice cube tray (silicone is best) and stick in the freezer for 3 hours, stirring every hour (or use an ice cream maker, if you have one).
- Once frozen, put the cubes back in the blender and blend briefly, just until smooth.