recipe & photo provided by Joy Food Sun Sunshine
I’ve made this recipe several times this holiday season! It is great as just plain banana bread or if you are feeling adventurous with walnuts and dark chocolate added!
This version is gluten & grain-free, dairy-free and made with zero refined sugar.
- 2 large overripe bananas about 1 cup, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×4” baking pan and grease. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large, glass mixing bowl melt together coconut oil and almond butter (for about 1 minute on high), stir until combined.
- Add mashed banana, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add eggs and stir until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Gently mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, until top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before gently removing the loaf from the pan to a wire rack to cool.