These are so good! I’ve been on a kick lately with trying to bake different paleo deserts. These do not require a ton of ingredients or time.
You can leave the measured amounts of maple syrup and coconut sugar to have a sweet cupcake or decrease amounts to suite your preference. I’ll be honest and say I did not make the icing. I bought a store brand icing for these (I just did not feel like making frosting).
- 4 eggs room temp
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk full fat
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine, the almond flour, tapioca, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat together the eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut sugar until very smooth
- Add the dry ingredients gradually to the wet and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Transfer batter, filling 3/4 of the way up to make about 12-14 cupcakes.
- Bake 16-18 mins until tops are domed and toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
- Once cooled to room temp, frost as desired and serve.